Please complete our Quote Form to assist us in understanding your individual website development project needs. Get Started!
I would like to make a testimonial about the wonderful results that we’ve experienced with Vision Magazine and Vision Online. Most of my participants in my Transformation Circles Programs have come consistantly from Vision Magazine. I would also like to complement your wonderful graphics department that went above and beyond in designing my ads. Much Thanks.
Love, Irene Margolis, Founder
My Transformation Circles LLC mytransformationcircles.com
Submit an Article
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE?
VISION MAGAZINE WRITERS’ GUIDELINES
Vision Magazine is a monthly publication distributed free at over 1,900 locations in California, Arizona, and Hawaii. With a readership of 270,000 and growing, Vision Magazine is a venue for purposeful and holistic living and serves the community as an inspiration for both thought and action. We are positive media, telling the stories that need to be heard. We reflect a readership of well-educated, holistically focused, spiritually-oriented, environmentally and socially-concerned people.
Here is some more information that may help you when sending articles and queries to the magazine:
- GET TO KNOW OUR VISION?: If you have never written for Vision before (or it has been a while), the best way to publish is to first become familiar with the magazine and the style of our articles, topics, monthly themes (different every month) and monthly sections. Our website is www.visionmagazine.com, or pick one up at the stands. We look for material that is informative, expands our understanding and seeks to present solutions.
- WHAT WE PRINT: We welcome material in different formats including: commentaries, reviews, news articles, human interest articles and (on occasion) short fiction and poetry as long as they are well written, follow basic grammatical and formatting rules, adhere to the magazine style and purpose and are within the word count, theme and deadline guidelines. Unsolicited material will be returned only if envelope with return postage is provided. (Note – articles not related to the monthly theme may be held for use at a later date.)
- WHAT TO SUBMIT: You can either submit an article outright, or you can submit a complete query with an idea and how you would go about writing about it. Please include suggestions as to theme/month and section where you think the article could go. The more specific you are, the more it helps us ?see? the article and how it can fit into an issue. The editorial calendar as well as these writers? guidelines are available on the website. Please be aware that feature articles are 2,000 words, departmental articles are 700-1000 words and café/holistic products/reviews are 400-500 words. The word count guidelines need to be followed as closely as possible. Please keep sectional pieces to a max of 1,100 words and features to a max of 2,200 words. For example, if you send a 6,000-word article as a feature or a 150 word review, we will not publish it (yes, this has actually happened).
- HOW TO SEND: E-mail is best, as text in the body of the e-mail message or as an attached Word document. Font: 12-point Courier. Single-spaced, no indents. Spacing between sentences: one space. No footers or headers. You may send queries and manuscripts to email@example.com, through regular mail to Vision Magazine, Attn: Editorial, 1281 University Ave., Ste G, San Diego, CA 92103 or through fax at (619) 296-1910.
- FORMAT: Give our graphics guy a break. He works hard and has to walk a whole two blocks away to get his morning coffee (organic/fair-trade, of course). To this end – the simpler, the better. Your submitted article should be single-spaced, using 12-point Courier New font. Please use only one space between sentences. Do not include headers and/or footers and DO NOT INDENT THE FIRST WORD OF EACH PARAGRAPH. Simply put a space between paragraphs. For more specifics, download the Vision style sheet online at www.visionmagazine.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BE EARLY, EARLY, EARLY: Please submit queries six weeks before the intended published month (Ex: August 20 for the October 1 issue). Unsolicited complete articles are due by the first of the previous month (Ex: July 1 for August 1 issue), and completed solicited articles are due by the 10th for the following month (Ex: July 10 for August 1 issue).
- PAYMENT – CASH AND OTHERWISE: We do sometimes pay freelancers, but we are a free regional publication with a modest budget, so it is normally only after they have written for us for a while. Pay or not, if you have another service you are promoting that our demographics might be interested in, publishing an article in Vision is a great way to promote it! Keep in mind that although 90,000 issues go out each month to readers in California, Arizona, Hawaii and Louisiana (and soon to be other regions as well), each of those issues is read by an estimated 3-4 readers. That is close to half a million cultural creatives reading your article and your bio.
- PHOTOS AND GRAPHICS: Articles, including reviews and cafe’ pieces, need to come equipped with photos and/or graphics. If you suspect that obtaining photos will be an issue, let us know early on so we can work something out. Photos and graphics should be at least 300 dpi and in digital (sent via e-mail) format.
- FACT-CHECKING AND SOURCES: Ensure your facts are accurate with detailed figures, statistics and quotes cited by reputable sources using an appropriate format. It is the writer?s responsibility to include citations when needed, not the magazine?s. When should you use a citation? All quotes should always reference who is speaking (i.e. ?This is the quote,? said White. Or According to an article that appeared in the July 21 edition of the New York Times, “This is the quote.” (Article Name, publication, date). Use common sense. If it is a quote, a specific statistic or a general statement that is extraordinary (Ex: It was confirmed that the UFO was sited over Santa Fe), then you need to reference the information.
- BIO / CONTACT INFO: If submitting a feature article or a sectional piece, please include a bio with contact information (100 words or less) that is both current and accurate. Smaller articles (reviews, cafes and holistic products) will appear with name or initial credit only.
- RIGHTS: Our regular policy is that Vision Magazine reserves one-time rights on an article published with a window of three months where the exact article. published with us may not appear in other publications in the same publication region.
Thanks for your interest in Vision Magazine! We look forward to working with you!
Vision Magazine 2012 Editorial Calendar
January 2013 ? Where Do We Go From Here?
February 2013 | Manifesting the New World
March 2013 | Human Potential
April 2013 | Indigenous Wisdom
May 2013 | Spiritual Technology
June 2013 | Sacred Sound Waves
July 2013 | Paranormal Everyday Life
August 2013 | Animal As Equals
September 2013 | Consciously Decoding Conspiracy
October 2013 | Modern Magick
November 2013 | Oh My Goddess
December 2013 | Extrasensory Perceptions
1281 University Ave., Ste. G San Diego, CA 92103
-Toll Free: 866.804.8444
Michael Peter Langevin
Matt Haydon II
Ambassador at Large
OnLine Advertising, eClassifieds, Calendar, Cross-media advertising campaigns:
Print Classifieds and Calendar:
Know Your Self: Free Public Lecture on Gnosis Offered by AGEAC
May 7 Self-Knowledge Through Dreams 6:00 pm
Location: Mid-Valley Public Library, 16244 Nordhoff St., North Hills.
May 11 Awakening Consciousness 10:30 am
Universal Vibration and Chakras 11:30 am
Location: Woodland Hills Public Library, 22200 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills
May 18 Awakening Consciousness 2:00 pm
Universal Vibration and Chakras 3:30 pm
Location: Encino Public Library, 18231 Ventura Boulevard, Tarzana
May 23rd The Four Keys to Sexual Attraction 6:45 – 9:30pm
Come join Erwan Davon Teachings for a night of:
The Four Keys to Sexual Attraction
At this free event, you will learn
1. How to build someone’s attraction toward you
2. How to build your attraction to someone else
3. How to overcome their resistance and your own
You’ll receive step by step instructions on how to sexually escalate an encounter whether it is with someone you are meeting for the first time or someone you are already in relationship with.
Erwan and Alicia will also introduce the Pleasure Course, their flagship course, as a gateway into a world of training and expansion in your love and sex life. You will have an opportunity to register for the Pleasure Course toward the end of the event. Then, we will celebrate with a cocktail party.
Erwan and Alicia Davon teach singles and couples how to create the love life they desire, deepening romantic relationship and heightening sexual pleasure. Erwan has been coaching singles and couples about romance and sex for 20 years with his unique combination of expertise, straight talk, tenderness and humor. Alicia brings 10 years of expertise in women’s romantic and sensual expression. Together they offer singles and couples deeper levels of connection, communication, sensuality and pleasure.
Admission is free!
Sunday, June 30
Experience the teachings and blessings of a saintly Himalayan monk, Swami Vidyadhishananda – 5:00pm. Join us for a spiritual fellowship in the presence of a realized saint and experience love, wisdom and darshan. Sanskrit peace chants will be followed by discourse, meditation, blessing line and snack. Pacific Palisades Woman’s Club, 901 Haverford Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90272. Free Event with Registration: www.swamahiman.org/events/event-registration. Details: email@example.com.
What are the “Magic Words?…
To get a good response?!
“We Can Build Our Own Alternative Economy”!!!
Let me show you how!
Philip Jones 310-713-1161
Know Your Self: Gnostic Weekly Classes, Tuesdays at 6:30 pm. Starting date: May 21st. Gnosis (Greek: knowledge) is the most sacred ancient teaching, representing the fountain and synthesis of all main spiritual traditions. Topics of study: Awakening Consciousness, The World of Dreams, Opening of the Inner Mind, The Soul and the Spirit, Chakras, The Science of Meditation, Transcendental Sexuality, etc. Contact: 818-614-6700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPERIENCE THE SEVEN SPIRITUAL LAWS OF SUCCESS AT A MUCH DEEPER LEVEL.
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success Transformation Circles Adopted from the best-selling book by famed author, Deepak Chopra. These workshops will help you connect with you life at a much deeper level. With the practice of these laws you will be able to create affluence and abundance for yourself and others, have better relationships,and live the life you love. Our Day of Transformation also includes discounted Spa Day passes for $30 at the luxious La Costa Spa. after 3:PM. Also all attendees will receive a 15% discount at the Chopra Center store the day of the workshop except for jewelry. Tuition is $25 with advance registration and $30 at the door, and incluces the book “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra” and the Transformation Circles Companion Guide. For more information and to register for this fun and informative workshop and Day of Transformation please visit www.mytransformationcircles.com.
The Law of Detachment- December 16th – Access the creative force of the Universe through intention, surrender, and present
The Law of Detachment- December 16th – Access the creative force of the Universe through intention, surrender, and present moment awareness.
LOOKING FOR A SPIRITUAL COMMUNITY?
You are always welcome at the Celebration of Light Church. Visit our website for program.
Vicente @ 23rd St. ? San Francisco.
THEOSOPHY CLASS IN JULIAN/SAN DIEGO, “What is Theosophy and How Does it Apply to Life?”
Sally & Jim Colbert Meets: 1st & 3rd Sunday Mornings 10:30 a.m. to Noon with cookies
CALL FOR DIRECTIONS “IT’S ALL ABOUT THE JOURNEY”
Practical Spirituality for everyday life at a deeper level 2-5pm
more info www.celestialhealings.org
FREE PSYCHIC READINGS every FIRST Monday 7:30p.m. by students in Vessa’s INTUITIVE INSIGHTS Clairvoyant Program,
4455 Morena Blvd. #108, 858.509.7582
Mondays June 4, July 2, August 6, September 3, October 1, November 5, December 3.
Certified Clinical Master Aromatherapy (CCMA)?6:30 pm NHI had the first State Approved Aromatherapy Program in the U.S.!! Payment Plan or Nightly Charge Available Learn advanced clinical applications of aromatherapy both for self-help and to enhance your professional practice.
Natural Healing Institute,
$8 BEGINNERS YOGA CLASSES Monday @ 6:00p.m. Tuesday @ 5:30 p.m.
2333 Camino del Rio South #240 92108 www.yogawell.com 619.917.0998.
ARE YOU A TRUTH SEEKER interested in making a difference for the bigger picture?
Learn about spiritual life before religions (over 5,000 years ago)
Led by an expert in Ancient Matri-Centered Partnership Societys. Introduction is FREE.
6:30 pm San Diego Call for waiting list. 619.255.4519 email@example.com
Pros & Cons of Different Dietary Systems – (Part of the Certified Nutritionist Consultant (CNC)? program) – Review the major Western and Eastern dietary systems. 7:00 pm.
Natural Healing Institute,
CLINICAL NUTRITION. Introductory or full Certification. Special Discounts. Most comprehensive training from nationally honored Nutritionists. Revised! 7:00-9:50 pm. Natural Healing Institute, 760-943-8485.
MIRACLE CIRCLE MEDITATION Connect with your inner divinity through deep meditation, inspirational prayers, and group discussion. 7p.m.-8p.m. Teaching of the Inner Christ 1100 N. Second St. Suite 1114 El Cajon, CA 92021. 619.447.7007.
CERTIFIED CLINICAL MASTER HERBALIST (CCMH)?. Introductory or Full Certification. Special Discounts. Most comprehensive training from nationally honored Certified Master Herbalists. 7:00 PM. Natural Healing Institute, 760-943-8485, naturalhealinginst.com
ORIENTAL SPORTS MASSAGE + Asian Style Sports Stretching. Great for everyone! 10:00 am – 4:30 pm. Unique form of body therapy that incorporates Thai-Yoga massage with acupressure plus Asian style sports stretching, as proven with Olympic athletes and “weekend warriors”. Skips 11/21. Natural Healing Institute, 760-943-8485,naturalhealinginst.com
CLINICAL MASTER HERBOLOGY. Introductory or Full Certification. Special Discounts. Most comprehensive training from nationally honored Master Herbalists. Revised! 7:00-9:50 pm. Natural Healing Institute, 760-943-8485.
WEDNESDAY EVENING YOGA AND MEDITATION Yoga:
6 – 7:30 PM; Quiet Meditation: 7:30 – 8 PM,
Sunburst Sanctuary Allow yourself to feel the peace within during a yoga class followed by an optional quiet meditation.
www.SunburstOnline.org Email: ContactUs@SunburstOnline.org (805) 736-6528
HAPPINESS CLASSES – Based on the life-healing teachings of VERNON HOWARD, Fridays – 8p.m.; Sundays – 10a.m. New Life Foundation, 5779 Westminster Blvd., Westminster, CA. 714.899.9300 Conquer stress, handle difficult people with ease, banish problems. Donation basis. 12.12
SATURDAY DEEP MEDITATION 6 – 9 AM Come and go quietly during this special time of deeper meditation. www.SunburstOnline.org Email: ContactUs@SunburstOnline.org (805) 736-6528
CERTIFIED AYURVEDIC WELLNESS CONSULTANT (CAWC)?
You can take the whole program for Certification or individual modules for personal growth. Natural Healing Institute,
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?? (RYT, YISMT)?. Nationally respected yoga instructors. Hatha, Vinyasa, Breath Work, Much More, individualized to you. Comprehensive, unique Yoga Instructor, Somatics, & Movement Therapist. Natural Healing Institute, 760-943-8485.
Vision in Design
Vision In Design can help you with all your marketing needs.
We know our readership and we know the customers you want to reach.
Please feel free to contact us for rates and services.
We?ll give you the tools to help you further your customer base.
Business Cards, Ad Development, Logo Design, Postcards
Stickers, Posters, Greeting Cards, Menus, Bookmarks
Door Hangers, Magnets, Printing
VISION MAGAZINE is an elegant balance of informative stories and inspiring viewpoints; rich, vivid color juxtaposed with appealing editorial, community resources, and calendar of events, each providing tools for living in a more peaceful and sustainable world. We currently print 90,000 copies of the magazine, which is distributed at over 1900 locations throughout California, Northern Arizona and Hawaii. Call 1-866-804-8444 to advertise in print or online!
Over the past ten years, VISION MAGAZINE has become a mainstay within the holistic community, revealing evolutionary ideas in conscious living, holistic healing, and the creation of a more peaceful world. With each issue, VISION MAGAZINE reflects our innovative, open-minded, progressive readership. BEAUTY & HEALTH brings you the latest guides and gurus of radiance: spas, masseurs, estheticians, nutritionists and other health professionals. Insightful interviews and stories of the projects, books, and people in the THE ART OF LIVING acknowledge those who are changing their own lives and the lives of others. NATURAL HEALTH brings you the clinical evidence of herbs, antioxidants, cooking, vitamins ?whether new or ancient technologies?to lead us to a healthier, fuller life. Exploring the consciousness of our minds, and our unconscious desires, INNER ART asks the artistic nature in each of us to blossom and flourish with desire and care. MIND & SPIRIT brings together the teachers and students that have dedicated their lives to breakthroughs in wholeness and wellness. In Earth Watch we bring global issues to your door, covering world news and the ecological issues that affect us all. Sit down with VISION CAFÉ and indulge in exclusive reviews of current releases ? books, magazines, CDs, DVDs and movies. Next enjoy our monthly Visionary Artist, a page of visual delights to entice you to current showings of the artists that often grace our cover. Community Resources keeps you in touch with the practitioners, companies and people?therapists, coaches, doctors, who form our holistic community.
San Diego Holistic Health, San Diego Healthy Living, California Green Jobs, San Diego Holistic, United States Green Energy, California New Age, California Water Conservation, World Animal Rights, San Diego Organic, San Diego Health Magazines, Hawaii Organic, California New Age, San Diego Vegetarian Cuisine, San Diego psychic, Spirituality, California Spiritual Guidance, Southern California Holistic Magazine, San Diego Yoga, San Diego Pilates, California Natural Health, California Organic Farms, Massage San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area Health, San Diego Nutrition, San Diego Organic, Orange County Organic, San Diego Organic Meals
VISION MAGAZINE is an elegant balance of informative stories and inspiring viewpoints; rich, vivid color juxtaposed with appealing editorial, community resources, and calendar of events, each providing tools for living in a more peaceful and sustainable world. We currently print 90,000 copies of the magazine, which is distributed at over 1900 locations throughout California, Northern Arizona and Hawaii.
Over the past ten years, VISION MAGAZINE has become a mainstay within the holistic community, revealing evolutionary ideas in conscious living, holistic healing, and the creation of a more peaceful world. With each issue, VISION MAGAZINE reflects our innovative, open-minded, progressive readership. BEAUTY & HEALTH brings you the latest guides and gurus of radiance: spas, masseurs, estheticians, nutritionists and other health professionals. Insightful interviews and stories of the projects, books, and people in the THE ART OF LIVING acknowledge those who are changing their own lives and the lives of others.
NATURAL HEALTH brings you the clinical evidence of herbs, antioxidants, cooking, vitamins ?whether new or ancient technologies?to lead us to a healthier, fuller life. Exploring the consciousness of our minds, and our unconscious desires, INNER ART asks the artistic nature in each of us to blossom and flourish with desire and care. MIND & SPIRIT brings together the teachers and students that have dedicated their lives to breakthroughs in wholeness and wellness. In Earth Watch we bring global issues to your door, covering world news and the ecological issues that affect us all. Sit down with VISION CAFÉ and indulge in exclusive reviews of current releases ? books, magazines, CDs, DVDs and movies. Next enjoy our monthly Visionary Artist, a page of visual delights to entice you to current showings of the artists that often grace our cover. Community Resources keeps you in touch with the practitioners, companies and people?therapists, coaches, doctors, who form our holistic community.
About Our Readers
Our readers are proactive towards their health, consider their well-being to be a top priority, and are comprised of 57% women and 43% men with a household income of $65,000 or greater.
We also offer Vision in Design, our in-house design group, making it simple and affordable for you to design ads, logos and promotional materials for your growing and expanding business.
2013 Editorial Calendar
January 2013 ? Where Do We Go From Here?
February 2013 ? Manifesting the New World
March 2013 ? Human Potential
April 2013 ? Indigenous Wisdom
May 2013 ? Spiritual Technology
June 2013 ? Sacred Sound Waves
July 2013 ? Paranormal Everyday Life
August 2013 ? Animal As Equals
September 2013 ? Consciously Decoding Conspiracy
October 2013 ? Modern Magick
November 2013 ? Oh My Goddess
December 2013 ? Extrasensory Perceptions
Check out Guru Ganesh: Guru Ganesha Singh talks about his music, working with other musicians, Spirit Voyage and being on the road with his new band.
Nutritionist & Author offering Internal Cleanse Programs, Whole-Food Nutritional Vitamins & Supplements, Healthy Weight Loss Programs, Natural Skin Care, Books, Articles and a free, online Health newsletter.
www.growbigexpo.com Here at Grow Big we have one goal in mind ? To help grow your business BIGGER AND BETTER through our events. We specialize in marketing, trade shows, live events and are currently working on the Grow Big Expos 2011.
www.thelifeguide.net Vision Magazine’s partnership with Vision of Wellness has produced a wonderful holistic guide produced annually for the western region of the United States.
BootsOnTheRoof.com Boots on the Roof offers Wind and solar training, Wind and Solar education for the renewable energy industry
www.truelifeimages.com Photographer Nick Carlson shot November 2007′s cover. Check out his incredible landscapes.
www.thefamilyoflight.com An international mobile healing center, offering healing, channeling, and educational forums around the globe.
www.treespiritproject.com Photographer Jack Gescheidt celebrates our connection to nature with his wonderful images.
www.veganfusion.com Buy their best-selling book online featuring the most delicious vegan recipes anywhere. News, free recipes and more online.
www.noparkinsons.net Site offers information, products and more for people suffering from Parkinson’s and other neurological disorders.
www.finewaters.com The voice for bottled water connoisseurs and their accompanying lifestyle… water if life – enjoy it.
www.soulebrate.com Soulebrate stands for the human spirit in celebration of the soul, and all avenues in life that offer us an opportunity to be who we truly are inside.
www.HolisticVegetarianHouse.org An opportunity for undergraduate or graduate study in one of the local San Diego college, university or holistic healing school. Live, work, volunteer in a holistic, vegetarian environment.
www.SoulscapeOnline.com Located in beautiful Encinitas, CA. Soulscape offers products and books catering to the holistic-minded community.
www.ucadia.com This is the primary web presence for Ucadian ideas and philosophies.
www.marketplaceindia.com MarketPlace is a leading textile Fair Trade non-profit organization that provides access to global markets for low-income Indian women by using design to bridge the gap between skills and markets.
VisitUnderTheTree.com The site offers a wide variety of resources and in-depth information regarding the existence of the spirit. Includes blogs, book reviews, and more.
www.savepunaluu.org Punalu’u has been a living classroom for centuries and if protected, can continue to be an “Eco-Campus” for students and educators from around the world. With public input and community involvement we can create a positive vision that comes from people of Ka’u who have protected its resources for nearly two thousand years.
www.kaupreservation.org The district of Ka`u covers over 922 square miles of sacred land that includes 80 miles of coastline on the south eastern shore of the island of Hawai`i. Protecting Ka`u is vital to the survival of Hawai`i’s unique island culture and fragile ecosystem.
www.rainysmystics.com Rainy’s Mystics Books and Gifts. is San Diego’s North County Inland’s only spiritual books store with psychic readers. Following the store motto, “Many Paths ~ One Spirit,” the store caters to the metaphysical side of all religions with books, candles, altar tools, jewelry, crystals and stones, statuary, and art by local artist, classes and more!
www.goldenstatesolarelectric.com ADANA Company handles green building and green energy products and projects. ADANA stands for “A Development Alternatives Network and Alliance” and is eligible for women-owned business loans and grants. See our terrific solar supermen featured on this site. You can contact us through this website, on the “Free Info” page.